|Product Description EN ViroReal® Kit TGEV
|Product Manual EN ViroReal® Kit TGEV
|Material Safety Data Sheet EN ViroReal® Kit TGEV
Background: The family Coronaviridae includes pathogenic porcine coronaviruses such as the transmissible gastroenteritis virus (TGEV), the porcine respiratory coronavirus (PRCV), the porcine epidemic diarrhea virus (PEDV) and the porcine hemmaglutinating encephalomyelitis virus (PHEV). TGEV causes transmissible gastroenteritis (diarrhea and vomiting) in pigs, mortality is highest in neonates. PRCV is a mutant of TGEV and does not appear to be an important primary pathogen.
Description: ViroReal® Kit TGEV uses one-step reverse transcription RT real-time PCR for the detection of a part of the S region of TGEV. Our carefully designed primers and probe ensure highest sensitivity and specificity. The test does not detect PRCV that has a large in-frame deletion in the 5’ end of the S gene. The kit consists of an assay mix for the detection of the pathogen as well as a positive control and an internal positive control (IPC). Reverse transcription and PCR can be performed in one reaction well. For more detailed information see here.
Shipping Temperature: -20°C dry ice
- Amplification and detection: S region of TGEV
- Transcription with thermostable MMLV Reverse Transcriptase (M-MLV)
- contains RNase Inhibitor to block RNA degradation
- Real-time PCR with rapid hot-start Taq DNA polymerase
- ROX™ dye as passive reference
- Internal Positive Control System to exclude false-negative results
- Optimized to handle RT-PCR inhibitors
- PCR- platforms: runs on all established standard real-time PCR- platforms
- Harmonized thermal profiles to run RNA and DNA samples simultaneously
- Available formats: Kit (with reaction mix) or Assay-only
PCR platforms: ViroReal® Kit TGEV is developed and validated for the Applied Biosystems® 7500 System (Thermo Fisher Scientific), LightCycler® 480 (Roche) and Mx3005P® QPCR System (Agilent), but is also suitable for other real-time PCR instruments.
Assay: Optional - this product is also available as an assay-only format with primers, probe and a positive control, but without reaction mix.
Shipping Temperature: +4°C cool packs