|Product Description EN BactoReal® Kit Tropheryma whipplei||Download PDF|
|Product Manual EN BactoReal® Kit Tropheryma whipplei||Download PDF|
|Material Safety Data Sheet EN BactoReal® Kit Tropheryma whipplei||Download PDF|
Background: Tropheryma whipplei is a gram-postive bacterium that it is very difficult to cultivate. It is a human pathogen causing Whipple's disease, which is a rare, chronic, systemic illness typically affecting white, middle-aged men. It causes intestinal malabsorption that leads to cachexia. In the majority of cases, multiple organ systems are affected. Symptoms include diarrhea and abdominal pain, joint pain, arthritis, and even dementia. It manifests in the body in various forms and can go undetected for decades before suddenly causing a fatal illness.
Description: BactoReal® Kit Tropheryma whipplei uses real-time PCR for the detection of the groEL gene of Tropheryma whipplei. Our carefully designed primers and probe ensure highest sensitivity and specificity. The kit consists of an assay mix for the detection of the pathogen as well as a positive control and an internal positive control (IPC). To minimize PCR cross-contamination,the reaction mix included contains dUTP and uracil-N glycosylase (UNG). For more detailed information see here.
|Ordernumber||Reactions||Channel Pathogen||Channel IPC||Target|
Shipping Temperature: +4°C cool packs
- Amplification and detection: groEL gene of Tropheryma whipplei
- Real-time PCR with rapid hot-start Taq DNA polymerase
- ROX™ dye as passive reference
- Internal Positive Control System to exclude false-negative results
- Optimized to handle PCR inhibitors
- PCR- platforms: runs on all established standard real-time PCR- platforms
- Harmonized thermal profiles to run RNA and DNA samples simultaneously
- Available formats: Kit (with reaction mix) or Assay-only
PCR platforms: BactoReal® Kit Tropheryma whipplei is developed and validated for the Applied Biosystems® 7500 System (Thermo Fisher Scientific), LightCycler® 480 (Roche) and Mx3005P® QPCR System (Agilent), but is also suitable for other real-time PCR instruments.