|Product Description EN ViroReal® Kit Rotavirus
|Product Manual EN ViroReal® Kit Rotavirus
|Material Safety Data Sheet EN ViroReal® Kit Rotavirus
Background: Rotavirus is a segmented double-stranded (ds) RNA virus of the family Reoviridae and is classified into at least 7 groups (A to G). This virus is the causative agent of severe diarrhoea in almost every mammal species (especially cattle, pig, dog, cat horse and humans) and birds. Rotaviruses are thought to be mostly species specific, but some transmission between species occurs. Rotaviruses of group A–C infect both humans and animals, while rotaviruses of group D–G infect only animals. Group A is the most prevalent one and causes approximately 90% of infections in animals and humans. Furthermore, pigs can be sporadically also infected by group B, C and E. Cattles are sporadically also infected by group B and C. Group D, F and G are found in avians.
Description: ViroReal® Kit Rotavirus uses RT real-time PCR for the detection of non-structural protein 4 (NSP4) gene of human rotavirus genotype A, of most strains of genotype B and C, and of some strains of the other genotypes D, E, F and G. Our carefully designed primers and probe ensure highest sensitivity and specificity. The kit consists of an assay mix for the detection of the pathogen as well as a positive control and an internal positive control (IPC). Reverse transcription and PCR can be performed in one reaction well. For more detailed information see here.
Shipping Temperature: -20°C dry ice
- Amplification and detection: NSP4 gene of Rotavirus
- Transcription with thermostable MMLV Reverse Transcriptase (M-MLV)
- contains RNase Inhibitor to block RNA degradation
- Real-time PCR with rapid hot-start Taq DNA polymerase
- ROX™ dye as passive reference
- Internal Positive Control System to exclude false-negative results
- Optimized to handle RT-PCR inhibitors
- PCR- platforms: runs on all established standard real-time PCR- platforms
- Harmonized thermal profiles to run RNA and DNA samples simultaneously
- Available formats: Kit (with reaction mix) or Assay-only
PCR platforms: ViroReal® Kit Rotavirus is developed and validated for the Applied Biosystems® 7500 System (Thermo Fisher Scientific), LightCycler® 480 (Roche) and Mx3005P® QPCR System (Agilent), but is also suitable for other real-time PCR instruments.