Background: Human rhinovirus (HRV) is a single-stranded positive sense RNA virus (ss(+)RNA) in the genus Enterovirus of the family Picornaviridae. Rhinoviruses are the most common viral infective agents in humans and are the predominant cause of the common cold. RV infections are chiefly limited to the upper respiratory tract. Although infections occur year-round, the incidence is highest during fall and spring. Most cases are mild and self-limited. Rhinovirus C, unlike the A and B species, may be able to cause sometimes more severe infections.
Description: ViroReal® Kit Rhinovirus (A, B, C) uses RT real-time PCR for the detection of the 5’ UTR of the human rhinovirus species A, B and C. Our carefully designed primers and probe ensure highest sensitivity and specificity. The kit consists of an assay mix for the detection of the pathogen as well as a positive control and an internal positive control (IPC). Reverse transcription and PCR can be performed in one reaction well. For more detailed information see here.
Shipping Temperature: -20°C dry ice
- Amplification and detection: 5’ UTR of Rhinovirus (A, B, C)
- Transcription with thermostable MMLV Reverse Transcriptase (M-MLV)
- contains RNase Inhibitor to block RNA degradation
- CE-IVD Real-time PCR with rapid hot-start Taq DNA polymerase
- ROX™ dye as passive reference
- Internal Positive Control System to exclude false-negative results
- Optimized to handle RT-PCR inhibitors
- PCR- platforms: runs on all established standard real-time PCR- platforms
- Harmonized thermal profiles to run RNA and DNA samples simultaneously
PCR platforms: ViroReal® Kit Rhinovirus (A, B, C)is developed and validated for the Applied Biosystems® 7500 System (Thermo Fisher Scientific), LightCycler® 480 (Roche) and Mx3005P® QPCR System (Agilent), but is also suitable for other real-time PCR instruments.