Background: Human respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) is a negative-sense, single-stranded RNA virus (ss (-)RNA) of the family Paramyxoviridae. RSV consists of two antigenic subtypes, A and B. It causes respiratory tract infections and is a major cause of lower respiratory tract infections and hospital visits during infancy and childhood. In addition, RSV is recognized as an important cause of respiratory illness in older adults. Infection is most common during the winter and early spring e.g. in the rainy season.
Description: ViroReal® Kit RSV (A & B) uses RT real-time PCR for the detection of the nucleocapsid protein gene of the human respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) type A and B. Our carefully designed primers and probe ensure highest sensitivity and specificity. The kit consists of an assay mix for the detection of the pathogen as well as a positive control and an internal positive control (IPC). Reverse transcription and PCR can be performed in one reaction well. For more detailed information see here.
|nucleocapsid protein gene
Shipping Temperature: -20°C dry ice
- Amplification and detection: nucleocapsid protein gene of RSV (A & B)
- Transcription with thermostable MMLV Reverse Transcriptase (M-MLV)
- contains RNase Inhibitor to block RNA degradation
- CE-IVD Real-time PCR with rapid hot-start Taq DNA polymerase
- ROX™ dye as passive reference
- Internal Positive Control System to exclude false-negative results
- Optimized to handle RT-PCR inhibitors
- PCR- platforms: runs on all established standard real-time PCR- platforms
- Harmonized thermal profiles to run RNA and DNA samples simultaneously
PCR platforms: ViroReal® Kit RSV (A & B) is developed and validated for the Applied Biosystems® 7500 System (Thermo Fisher Scientific), LightCycler® 480 (Roche) and Mx3005P® QPCR System (Agilent), but is also suitable for other real-time PCR instruments.