Background: Neisseria meningitidis is a gram-negative bacterium causing meningitis and septicemia. There are 13 clinically significant serogroups, which are classified according to the antigenic structure of their polysaccharide capsule. Five serogroups (A, B, C, Y and W135) are responsible for virtually all cases of the disease. Serogroup B is the predominant one. The capsular transport protein (ctrA) gene is unique to N. meningitidis and can be found in all meningococcal serogroups.
Description: BactoReal® Kit Neisseria meningitidis uses real-time PCR for the detection of the capsular transport protein (ctrA) gene of all known serogroups of N. meningitidis. Our carefully designed primers and probe ensure highest sensitivity and specificity. The kit consists of an assay mix for the detection of the pathogen as well as a positive control and an internal positive control (IPC). To minimize PCR cross-contamination,the reaction mix included contains dUTP and uracil-N glycosylase (UNG). For more detailed information see here.
Shipping Temperature: +4°C cool packs
- Amplification and detection: ctrA gene of Neisseria meningitidis
- CE-IVD Real-time PCR with rapid hot-start Taq DNA polymerase
- ROX™ dye as passive reference
- Internal Positive Control System to exclude false-negative results
- Optimized to handle PCR inhibitors
- PCR- platforms: runs on all established standard real-time PCR- platforms
- Harmonized thermal profiles to run RNA and DNA samples simultaneously
- Declaration of Conformity
PCR platforms: BactoReal® Kit Neisseria meningitidis is developed and validated for the Applied Biosystems® 7500 System (Thermo Fisher Scientific), LightCycler® 480 (Roche) and Mx3005P® QPCR System (Agilent), but is also suitable for other real-time PCR instruments.