Background: Human metapneumovirus (hMPV) is an enveloped negative single-stranded RNA virus (ss (-)RNA) of the family Paramyxoviridae. It was isolated for the first time in 2001. HMPV is present as two genetic lineages, hMPV A and hMPV B. Human metapneumovirus causes upper and lower respiratory tract infections, symptoms very similar to respiratory syncytial virus (RSV). Human metapneumovirus has a worldwide distribution and it is one of the most common causes of lower respiratory infection in young children. Reinfections appear to be common. Co-infection of human metapneumovirus with influenza virus or RSV can occur.
Description: ViroReal® Kit Metapneumovirus uses RT real-time PCR for the detection of the nucleocapsid protein gene of human metapneumovirus (hMPV) strains lineages hMPV A and hMPV B. Our carefully designed primers and probe ensure highest sensitivity and specificity. The kit consists of an assay mix for the detection of the pathogen as well as a positive control and an internal positive control (IPC). Reverse transcription and PCR can be performed in one reaction well. For more detailed information see here.
|Ordernumber||Reactions||Channel Pathogen||Channel IPC||Target|
|DHUV01553||50||FAM||CY5||nucleocapsid protein gene|
Shipping Temperature: -20°C dry ice
- Amplification and detection: nucleocapsid protein gene of Metapneumovirus
- Transcription with thermostable MMLV Reverse Transcriptase (M-MLV)
- contains RNase Inhibitor to block RNA degradation
- CE-IVD Real-time PCR with rapid hot-start Taq DNA polymerase
- ROX™ dye as passive reference
- Internal Positive Control System to exclude false-negative results
- Optimized to handle RT-PCR inhibitors
- PCR- platforms: runs on all established standard real-time PCR- platforms
- Harmonized thermal profiles to run RNA and DNA samples simultaneously
- CE-IVD Kit available in the following countries: AT, CY, FI, GR, IE, LU, MC, PT, SE, TR
PCR platforms: ViroReal® Kit Metapneumovirus is developed and validated for the Applied Biosystems® 7500 System (Thermo Fisher Scientific), LightCycler® 480 (Roche) and Mx3005P® QPCR System (Agilent), but is also suitable for other real-time PCR instruments.