Background: Enteroviruses are non-enveloped, positive single-stranded RNA viruses (ss(+)RNA) and are members of the family Picornaviridae. The genus Enterovirus has a worldwide distribution and includes numerous viral groups infecting humans, bovines, equines, simians, porcines and rodents. Enteroviruses infecting humans are poliovirus, coxsackievirus, echovirus, human enteroviruses and human rhinoviruses. Enteroviruses are the causative agents e.g. for infection of the respiratory tract (summer flu, pharyngitis, pneumonia) and infection of inner organs (myocarditis, encephalitis, pleurodynia), aseptic meningitis, herpangina, hand-foot-mouth disease, hemorrhagic conjunctivitis and poliomyelitis.
Description: ViroReal® Kit Enterovirus uses RT real-time PCR for the detection of RNA of the 5´UTR region of the genus Enterovirus. Our carefully designed primers and probe ensure highest sensitivity and specificity. The kit consists of an assay mix for the detection of the pathogen as well as a positive control and an internal positive control (IPC). Reverse transcription and PCR can be performed in one reaction well. For more detailed information see here.
|Ordernumber||Reactions||Channel Pathogen||Channel IPC||Target|
Shipping Temperature: -20°C dry ice
- Amplification and detection: 5´UTR region of Enterovirus
- Transcription with thermostable MMLV Reverse Transcriptase (M-MLV)
- contains RNase Inhibitor to block RNA degradation
- CE-IVD Real-time PCR with rapid hot-start Taq DNA polymerase
- ROX™ dye as passive reference
- Internal Positive Control System to exclude false-negative results
- Optimized to handle RT-PCR inhibitors
- PCR- platforms: runs on all established standard real-time PCR- platforms
- Harmonized thermal profiles to run RNA and DNA samples simultaneously
PCR platforms: ViroReal® Kit Enterovirus is developed and validated for the Applied Biosystems® 7500 System (Thermo Fisher Scientific), LightCycler® 480 (Roche) and Mx3005P® QPCR System (Agilent), but is also suitable for other real-time PCR instruments.