|Product Description EN BactoReal® Kit Brucella spp.
|Product Manual EN BactoReal® Kit Brucella spp.
|Material Safety Data Sheet EN BactoReal® Kit Brucella spp.
Background: Brucellosis - also called Bang's disease, Crimean fever, Gibraltar fever, Malta fever, Maltese fever, Mediterranean fever, rock fever, or undulant fever - is a zoonotic infection of domesticated and wild animals, caused by bacteria of the genus Brucella. Humans become infected by ingestion of food products of animal origin (such as undercooked meat or unpasteurized milk or dairy products), direct contact with infected animals, or inhalation of infectious aerosols. Transmission from human to human is rare but possible. Species infecting domestic livestock are B. melitensis (goats and sheep), B. suis (pigs), B. abortus (cattle and bison), B. ovis (sheep) and B. canis (dogs).
Description: BactoReal® Kit Brucella spp. uses real-time PCR for the detection of the IS711 region of B. abortus, B. ovis, B. melitensis, B. suis and B. canis. Our carefully designed primers and probe ensure highest sensitivity and specificity. The kit consists of an assay mix for the detection of the pathogen as well as a positive control and an internal positive control (IPC). To minimize PCR cross-contamination,the reaction mix included contains dUTP and uracil-N glycosylase (UNG). For more detailed information see here.
Shipping Temperature: +4°C cool packs
- Amplification and detection: IS711 region of Brucella spp.
- Real-time PCR with rapid hot-start Taq DNA polymerase
- ROX™ dye as passive reference
- Internal Positive Control System to exclude false-negative results
- Optimized to handle PCR inhibitors
- PCR- platforms: runs on all established standard real-time PCR- platforms
- Harmonized thermal profiles to run RNA and DNA samples simultaneously
- Available formats: Kit (with reaction mix) or Assay-only
PCR platforms: BactoReal® Kit Brucella spp. is developed and validated for the Applied Biosystems® 7500 System (Thermo Fisher Scientific), LightCycler® 480 (Roche) and Mx3005P® QPCR System (Agilent), but is also suitable for other real-time PCR instruments.